Effective Date: December, 2018
Legal Basis of Data Processing:
Shelter processes your information under one or more of the following legal bases:
- With your valid affirmative consent;
- To fulfill a contract with you; and/or
- As necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your privacy interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Information Collection and Use
Visitors to the Site can browse without becoming registered users. We do not collect personal information from these non-registered Visitors.
When you interact with the Site, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, company name, job title, phone number, work or home address, and other similar information. We use this personal information you provide us to deliver you the services or transactions you request and to contact you regarding other related offerings.
We also collect certain non-personal information such as your browsing history on the Site, the length of time spent on certain pages, the website Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) from the website you were visiting before coming to this Site, which URL you next visit, device type, what browser you are using, Internet service provider, IP address, date/time of visit information and your operating system. We will use the non-personal information we collect to conduct statistical analysis of our Site, to troubleshoot service issues or interruptions, to update and improve the Site, and to understand the demographics of our users and their browsing habits. We do not link this information to you personally.
It is your decision to use the Site, and, as such, any provision of this personal information is completely voluntary. You may decline to submit any requested personal information for any of our services. Please note that this may result in the inability to provide certain services to you.
Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored in your computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are stored in your browser’s file directory. Cookies may be stored only for the time you are in a given site or they may remain stored in your browser for a defined period of time beyond your current session. Cookies work in combination with content within the website itself, to capture and remember information. To learn more about these technologies and how they work, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can review the options available to manage cookies in your browser. One option is to disable, or turn-off, all cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not be able to browse the Site. If you disable certain kinds of cookies, some aspects of our Site may not function properly or as well.
We may share personal information to the following entities and/or for the following reasons:
- Partners. During the operation of the Site, it may become desirable for a third party to provide certain limited services, such as but not limited to, website hosting, mailing materials, answering customer questions, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other new services. When this occurs, we will (i) only provide those business entities with the personal information they need to deliver the service; (ii) require them to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information, and (iii) prohibit them from using that personal information for any other purpose.
- Law Enforcement. Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personal information. We will disclose personal information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, warrant, or other legal process to the extent necessary to meet legal, national security, public interest, or law enforcement obligations. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Site for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also share non-personal information with select third parties, such as our advertisers, for purposes of serving you with customized promotions. If you would like to learn more about the sharing of non-personal information for purposes of providing customized advertisements or promotions, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/consumers/.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it immediately. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided his or her information to us, please contact us using the contact information below.
Do Not Track
We do not track personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We do not allow third parties to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use our Service. As a result, we do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
How You Can Access and Control Your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to our processing of your personal information:
(1) access to your personal information that we process;
(2) correction of any errors in your personal information;
(3) to withdraw consent previously provided;
(4) to object to our processing of your personal information;
(5) in cases where (a) your objection to our processing of your personal information is not overridden by our legitimate interest in continuing the processing, (b) our processing of your personal information is based on your express consent that you subsequently withdraw, (c) your personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected it, (d) we are processing personal information for direct marketing purposes and you object, or (e) legal obligations require it, the erasure of your personal information; and
(6) to take your personal information provided by express consent or for the performance of a contract from us with you.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via email at: [email protected]. Please include your name and mailing address in the message. If you would like to no longer receive emails from us, please click the 'unsubscribe' link included in all promotional emails sent by us.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which the information is processed or for other valid reasons to retain your personal information (for example to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements).
Cross-Border Transfer of Data
We are located in the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States, your country’s laws governing data collection and use may differ from those in the United States; in particular, the United States may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. By using the Site or providing your personal information to us, you are transferring your information to the United States, and you consent to the transfer, retention, and processing of such data in the United States. If you do not agree with such transfer, retention and processing in the United States, please do not use the Site.
To protect and help prevent unauthorized access, use, and disclosure of the personal information, Shelter uses security technologies and procedures. When personal information is transmitted over the Internet, we use encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We also limit access to stored personal information to authorized personnel. Please understand that no measures can guarantee 100% security.
1817 W. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65218